Next time you hear people use the word ‘billion’ casually, think about how our government spends money.
Put a billion into perspective:
– A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
– A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.
– A billion hours ago our ancestors lived in the Stone Age.
– A billion days ago nothing walked on the earth on two feet.
– A billion dollars ago – – [...] Continue reading What’s a billion?
by Nathaniel Batchelder The Sunday Oklahoman, 7/3/05
Representatives of the G-8 nations – developed countries in a position to radically alter world poverty – will meet in Scotland this week to discuss collaboration on global issues. They have a chance to implement simple and cost-effective policies that will save millions of lives, restore hope to the poorest people in the world and actually enhance global security.
Some 29,000 people, mostly [...] Continue reading US Must Boost Aid to Poor